MARL is currently seeking an enthusiastic and inspired individual for the position of Education Coordinator. This position will be 10-month term, with possibility for renewal dependant on funding, beginning June 1, 2017 at 15 hours a week. The Education Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the development of Know Your Rights and Challenging Ableism workshops, as well as facilitating workshops on topics of privilege and oppression, colonialism and reconciliation, and human rights in the community.
View Full Job Posting: Job Posting – Education Coordinator
Positon duties will include:
- Working with the Education Committee in research and development of educational workshops in Social Justice.
- Working directly under the Executive Director with responsibility over the direction of educational program development.
- Facilitating workshops in classrooms from grade 5 to university level.
- Reporting progress at monthly Education Committee meetings.
- Administrative tasks.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Education, Peace & Conflict Studies, Politics, International Development Studies, or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Previous experience with workshop facilitation.
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment.
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org