Manitoba ASCD Journal | Reflections
Read about MARLs High School Ethic`s Bowl (p44) and the value of teaching ethics.
When asked about how working with ethical dilemmas has impacted her, she responded by saying that ethics “has helped me understand myself in many aspects. I have realized that I can think at much deeper levels than I ever thought was possible for me. This thinking has helped me both see myself differently as well as know myself at a much deeper level.”
– Quiana, grade 10 student and a member of the River East Collegiate Ethics Bowl Team
Public Talk | Dennis Edney
DENNIS EDNEY (LAWYER FOR OMAR KHADR):
“THE RULE OF LAW & THE POLITICS OF FEAR”
Friday, June 19, 2015
Broadway Disciples United Church | 396 Broadway
Doors: 6:30PM • Start: 7:00PM
Admission by donation: $15.00
Proceeds from this event will be used in support of Omar Khadr’s legal defence fund.
Peace Alliance Winnipeg (PAW)
Manitoba Association of Rights and Liberties (MARL)
Internship Opportunity – Education Intern
Are you a post-secondary student looking for an awesome summer internship?
Yeah you are!
The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties (MARL) is a non-profit, non-governmental, human rights and civil liberties organization. Formed in 1978, MARL promotes respect for and observance of human rights and civil liberties. MARL defends, extends, and creates awareness for rights and liberties within the province of Manitoba.
We take action to support:
– Youth empowerment through workshops and mentoring,
– Policy change through advocacy, government briefings, research and publication, and
– Public engagement through public events and community celebrations.
We believe an informed and engaged citizenship are the key to healthy democratic society and that everyone should have opportunity and access to our shared rights.
MARL is currently seeking an enthusiastic post-secondary student for the position of Education Intern. This position will be 8-week term beginning July 2, 2015 at 15 hours a week. The Education Intern will be primarily responsible for the development of Leadership in Social Justice, Know your Rights, and Human Rights in your Community workshops.
Positon duties will include:
– Working with the Education Committee in research and development of educational workshops in Social Justice.
– Working directly under the Executive Director with responsibility over the direction of educational program development.
– Administrative tasks.
– Reporting progress at monthly Education Committee meetings.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
– Current student in Education, Peace & Conflict Studies, Politics, International Development Studies, or related field.
– Excellent organizational and communication skills.
– Previous experience with workshop facilitation.
– Previous experience in a non-profit environment.
To apply, please forward your resume to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 PM on June 12, 2015.
Pride Group Marshal
Here’s your chance to join MARL’s walking group at the Pride Winnipeg Festival!
The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties is thrilled to have been nominated as Pride Winnipeg’s 2015 Group Marshal! You can join MARL at the front and centre of this year’s Pride Winnipeg Parade on Sunday, June 14th! Email Michelle to join the fun.
For more information Pride Winnipeg for more information.